Skip to main content

New Interview With Author Larissa Martin

A Note From The Founder, Jessica Niziolek


The following interview is based on the basic interview package chosen by the interviewee, Who also requested the bio, and social media connection. All interview/social media packages can me adapted for the interviewer's specific needs. You can find out more about the paid services going into effect January 3rd, 2019. here: The Abler Blog's Paid Services

Graphic made with canva 



Writer BioInspirational non-fictional writer, Larissa Martin 

Connect with Larissa on Facebook

Hi, everyone, my name is Larissa Martin.. I became  an independent self-published author in 2016. I came out with my first book,"Dear Anxiety"  a 5-letter series from a girl who cares and stories from people who suffer with anxiety. In that same year, I had one of my  pieces published on the writing  platform The Mighty. Since then I've had over 60 pieces published online by multiple Publications My goal is not to have people like my writing, but to learn different points of view from it, and open up minds. If I did that for one person, then I set out what I wanted to do as a writer.


Question one What prompted you to write about anxiety in such a creative way? Why not take the straightforward approach? Such as a simple research paper or a written report?

A.  What prompted me to inspiring writing Dear Anxiety in the first place was when one of my best friend's said to me plain and simple "write when your inspired" and that was it  I knew what I had to write about Anxiety as far as my approach goes  I wrote it as if anxiety was an actual person and telling them how I feel about what they do to millions of people and my closest friends who deal with anxiety in their lives. 



Question two Would you ever consider doing a longer version or a guide to go with it? Like a general reminder guide?

A. I do have a book where I paired the 5 letters I wrote with personal stories from people who actually have anxiety along with other things in it. I do plan to re-release it in a few years with more pieces I have written on anxiety.


Question three If in the "Dear Anxiety" Series, you mentioned better therapies to help with anxiety. Would you mind explaining in further detail what you mean by that?

A. Of course,  what I mean by that is not everyone that has anxiety is going to want to sit with a stranger and tell them they have anxiety. I believe if more therapies were created for people that had anxiety maybe more people would be willing to talk about it. But overall, I think people should do what is best for them and what they are comfortable with.


Question four Why do you think society has such a hard time understanding what anxiety is overall?


A.  I think as a whole, we have issues understanding mental heath and what it is. So how are you going to find out what anxiety is if you don’t look at mental health as a whole first and foremost ?

Question five What do you believe are the top misconceptions that society has about anxiety?  
A. I think the top misconceptions society  has about anxiety is  that anxiety is not a real. When in reality it is.  There are more people who have it than you think.


Question six What do you believe is the “right way” to approach someone who struggles with anxiety; and what is the “wrong way” to approach someone who struggles with anxiety?

A. I think listening is the key and understanding if a person wants to talk to you about their anxiety let them do it on their terms, and if they don't want to talk about it that is fine too don't push someone to talk about it.  

Question seven What in your opinion, do you believe that medical professionals have gotten right about the disorder, and what have they gotten wrong about the disorder? 

A.  think as a whole the medical field has a long way to go when it comes to mental health and understating the mind and how mental illness is affecting  the brain. That is what I believe they need to work on as far as  what they have gotten right I couldn't give you that answer but what I can tell you, is that I love the advocates I know  and how they  teach  others about mental health in general.

Question eight What would you like the medical field to keep in mind when it comes to people who are dealing with invisible illnesses/conditions?

A. Believe them, make them feel heard and valued. Because, they are valued and respected members of society just like you and me. 

Question nine What are your future writing plans/goals?  
A. I'm coming out with my second book next year. I am also looking for more paying writing opportunities, but most of all, I want to keep growing as a writer  creating content that makes people think first, and like it second.


Question ten Are there any final thoughts you’d like to share with our readers? 

A, If you have a mental illness don't be ashamed of it; it will not define who you are or what you do. Remember that, and know that you are never alone. 

Quote from author, Larissa Martin form her book, "Dear Anxiety."
Graphic made with Canva. 

Author Note. The Interviewee nor myself are not medical professionals of any kind. If you believe you, or someone you know and love, may be struggling with anxiety please, consult with your trusted medical professional. 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silent Migraine: One Of Several Different Types Of Headaches/Migraines. Can You Or Someone You Know Relate?

Silent Migraine Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional of any kind. The following information was found at the follow sites. National Headache Foundation, Migraines.com, Allaboutvision.com, Pinterest, and Verywell.com. If you or someone you know, is believed to be having any of the following symptoms please, consult with your doctor ASAP. I also strongly discourage self-diagnosing. When I first launched the abler, i asked people what subjects/topics they'd like to see me cover and one of the first ones was migraines. And as you can imagine, several terms and types came up in my search.One of them being silent migraine. While doing my research, I came a list of different types of headaches and mi

New Monthly Topic For April Dwarfism

April’s Topic For The Abler Blog: Dwarfism Resource: Mayoclinic.org Author Note: I am in no a professional of any kind. I am strongly against self-diagnosis, and encourage my audience to please seek the professional advice of their own trusted medical professional and any other trusted professional depending on the topic at hand. The Abler Blog ONLY PROVIDES LIMITED GENERAL INFORMATION, and ALWAYS CITES WHERE THEY FIND THEIR RESOURCES AND OR INFORMATION. Jessica Niziolek, Founder Of The Abler Blog, and online community. What is dwarfism? It means to be short in stature. Typically the average height for someone with this condition is: four feet, ten inches or less. Because there are several different health conditions that are link to dwarfism so this condition is broken down into 2 catogories. Disproportionate dwarfism. If body size is disproportionate, some parts of the body are small, and others are of average size or above-average size. Disorders causing disproportio

Interview with Rapper TW1TCH: Recovering addict, and advocate wants you to know we do overcome

"My doctor was my first Dealer." TW1TCH Authors Note: Addiction is one powerful battle. that being said, not everyone will become addicts because of pain pills. Some do not have a choice when taking them. Everyone is different, and struggle with different things in life. Whatever it is you can get to the other side of it. If you're struggling please don't be ashamed or afraid to reach out. We are not perfect; we are human. And it is more than okay to ask for help if you are in need of it. Founder, Jessica  Buffalo Native Stephen Fogarty, A.K.A TW1TCH, Recovering Opioid addict. L8 Productions/ The indie Visuals/ Hip-hop artist with a message that you can come out of the other side of addiction. Traveling across the country to you get the message of recovery out. He has performed at Buffalo at Music Of Art. Twitch recently celebrated 3 years of sobriety, and for him, making music reminds him that people are listening and that he is not alone in his journey