Skip to main content

Big things are happening in 2018!

Huge News! First, The Abler Video Series, The Many Faces is NOW taking submissions! You can read the general rules over at The Official Facebook Group For The Abler Blog. I am also currently working on expanding The Abler "brand" with ideas for promotional products. As well as The Abler's own Website! (Still under construction.) I will also be taking inquiries for interviews and other professional endeavors starting in the spring of 2018! So if you know of anyone who works closely with the disability/chronic illness/pain communities, or has a topic or works with an organization that you feel is a good fit for what I am doing with The Abler, let's connect! Contact me using the form on the blog, or search: the Abler Blog on FB. Currently, i am working on notes and research for  Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/M.E. And that will hopefully be live on the blog in the next week or so! My debut piece with The Abilities Expo is coming to you guys soon! And I am now up and running with AbleThrive as a resource on their platform! and lastly, as of today, I am officially apart of The Thought Catalog's writing family. Here is my debut piece!
https://thoughtcatalog.com/jessica-niziolek/2018/01/how-my-sisters-invisible-illness-created-my-personal-mission-to-make-the-invisible-seen/

Please take a look, and share. This piece has very personal meaning to me. And My sister and her Fight with Cluster Headaches is what drove me to do the work I am doing today. Happy 2018 everyone! Let's make it beautiful! -Jessica

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Silent Migraine: One Of Several Different Types Of Headaches/Migraines. Can You Or Someone You Know Relate?

Silent Migraine Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional of any kind. The following information was found at the follow sites. National Headache Foundation, Migraines.com, Allaboutvision.com, Pinterest, and Verywell.com. If you or someone you know, is believed to be having any of the following symptoms please, consult with your doctor ASAP. I also strongly discourage self-diagnosing. When I first launched the abler, i asked people what subjects/topics they'd like to see me cover and one of the first ones was migraines. And as you can imagine, several terms and types came up in my search.One of them being silent migraine. While doing my research, I came a list of different types of headaches and mi

New Monthly Topic For April Dwarfism

April’s Topic For The Abler Blog: Dwarfism Resource: Mayoclinic.org Author Note: I am in no a professional of any kind. I am strongly against self-diagnosis, and encourage my audience to please seek the professional advice of their own trusted medical professional and any other trusted professional depending on the topic at hand. The Abler Blog ONLY PROVIDES LIMITED GENERAL INFORMATION, and ALWAYS CITES WHERE THEY FIND THEIR RESOURCES AND OR INFORMATION. Jessica Niziolek, Founder Of The Abler Blog, and online community. What is dwarfism? It means to be short in stature. Typically the average height for someone with this condition is: four feet, ten inches or less. Because there are several different health conditions that are link to dwarfism so this condition is broken down into 2 catogories. Disproportionate dwarfism. If body size is disproportionate, some parts of the body are small, and others are of average size or above-average size. Disorders causing disproportio

Interview with Rapper TW1TCH: Recovering addict, and advocate wants you to know we do overcome

"My doctor was my first Dealer." TW1TCH Authors Note: Addiction is one powerful battle. that being said, not everyone will become addicts because of pain pills. Some do not have a choice when taking them. Everyone is different, and struggle with different things in life. Whatever it is you can get to the other side of it. If you're struggling please don't be ashamed or afraid to reach out. We are not perfect; we are human. And it is more than okay to ask for help if you are in need of it. Founder, Jessica  Buffalo Native Stephen Fogarty, A.K.A TW1TCH, Recovering Opioid addict. L8 Productions/ The indie Visuals/ Hip-hop artist with a message that you can come out of the other side of addiction. Traveling across the country to you get the message of recovery out. He has performed at Buffalo at Music Of Art. Twitch recently celebrated 3 years of sobriety, and for him, making music reminds him that people are listening and that he is not alone in his journey