Skip to main content

Jarrett Hoyt: The man behind the keys



Author's Note: Drug addiction is a very serious disease. For those that may think this post is glorifying addiction, it is not. This interview is simply an example to show that no matter what the battle is that you are fighting that we are all still human. Founder, Jessica

On September 19th, 2017 Rapping recording artist TW1TCH shared a video by fellow recording artist of L8Productions. Jarret Hoyt. The video is a song that Jarrett had written and performed in front of his mom in their home as a touching tribute has gotten over 8 thousand views, and 7, 947 shares on Facebook. And very recently I had the pleasure of interviewing Jarret. 

.1) Can you tell us your story and how you got into performing music and why?

- I started producing my own "beats" when I was 12 years old on an old laptop that barely worked! I would make these crazy, horrible sounding songs by recording my keyboard with a USB microphone, it was really rough. This continued for years before I realized I was actually enjoying it, and by my college years (now) I ended up skipping class constantly to stay home and write and record! In 2015 I was asked to join a band, but they weren't working on music at my pace so I ended up releasing some songs I wrote and recorded with my phone... by the third video I had people messaging me daily saying I had changed their day! I got into music as a way to vent... and ended up sticking around because I finally found something I enjoyed that helped people!

2.) The video where you sang that song to your Mom was beautiful, it had me in tears! Would you mind sharing the story behind the song?

- That song was one of the hardest songs I've ever written... after I had gotten such a great response from the internet for my first two songs, I looked over at my Mom and she was crying because I was so happy. All of the horrible, nasty things I had ever said to her all flooded into my head and I felt so guilty that I told myself I would make it better. She really just wanted the best for me.  I started writing the song when she was at work, and she came home early before I could practice it. As soon as she walked in, I handed her the phone and told her to sit down, and I sang it to her! Lots of tears were shed that day. It was the best decision I've ever made. 

3.) I also watched your video for Little Bird, which was absolutely beautiful and really emotional. Heroin addiction is one hell of a monster to defeat! What is the one thing that you hope people take away from listening/watching to your song?

- I want people to understand that heroin doesn't have a preference when it picks its victims. Anyone, anywhere, anytime can be exposed to, and caught up in any kind of drug abuse especially opiates. That girl was not a junkie, she was not a loser, she was not a monster. She was a beautiful, kind, caring young girl who wouldn't hurt a fly. At 17 years of age, she left us behind. Using is not a death sentence. It's also not permanent. People DO recover. She never planned on dying, and I don't plan on keeping my mouth shut when we could all be vocalizing and uniting against it. I want people to be sad when they hear that song, it's not happy for a reason. It's just reality. 

4.) What would you say to someone struggling with addiction?

- I know it's obvious, but you're not alone. That is the most important, most vital thing to convey to anyone struggling with addiction. It's powerful, it's scary, and it's something you can't handle alone. There are millions of addicts out there, the power of a million people is unbelievable. If you're addicted to something, tell someone TODAY. Go to your doctor, make the first step NOW. There is no shame in getting help regardless of other peoples opinion. Do something to make the first change, and make it a priority. Saying you'll quit tomorrow never works. 

5.) How would you describe your music and its message to first-time listeners?

- I'm all over the place. I'm currently working on a debut album with a more consistent theme and sound, but the music I have out there now is impossible to label. I hit multiple genres because I'm still trying to find myself and my voice. I'm far from perfect and that's the point. You don't have to be the best, just do your best and it'll all fall into place :) The new album is 100% love, positivity, and good vibes!



The lyric video for the song, "Little Bird" Can be found on Jarrett's FB page.

You can find Jarrett on social media:



Comments

  1. Jarret's story is a powerful reminder that no matter what we are battling, we are all human. His music has a positive message of love and hope, and he uses it to shed light on important issues such as drug addiction. It's inspiring to see someone use their talents to make a difference and help others.

    Regards: TikTok Downloader Mp3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Silent Migraine: One Of Several Different Types Of Headaches/Migraines. Can You Or Someone You Know Relate?

Silent Migraine Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional of any kind. The following information was found at the follow sites. National Headache Foundation, Migraines.com, Allaboutvision.com, Pinterest, and Verywell.com. If you or someone you know, is believed to be having any of the following symptoms please, consult with your doctor ASAP. I also strongly discourage self-diagnosing. When I first launched the abler, i asked people what subjects/topics they'd like to see me cover and one of the first ones was migraines. And as you can imagine, several terms and types came up in my search.One of them being silent migraine. While doing my research, I came a list of different types of headaches and mi

New Monthly Topic For April Dwarfism

April’s Topic For The Abler Blog: Dwarfism Resource: Mayoclinic.org Author Note: I am in no a professional of any kind. I am strongly against self-diagnosis, and encourage my audience to please seek the professional advice of their own trusted medical professional and any other trusted professional depending on the topic at hand. The Abler Blog ONLY PROVIDES LIMITED GENERAL INFORMATION, and ALWAYS CITES WHERE THEY FIND THEIR RESOURCES AND OR INFORMATION. Jessica Niziolek, Founder Of The Abler Blog, and online community. What is dwarfism? It means to be short in stature. Typically the average height for someone with this condition is: four feet, ten inches or less. Because there are several different health conditions that are link to dwarfism so this condition is broken down into 2 catogories. Disproportionate dwarfism. If body size is disproportionate, some parts of the body are small, and others are of average size or above-average size. Disorders causing disproportio

Interview with Rapper TW1TCH: Recovering addict, and advocate wants you to know we do overcome

"My doctor was my first Dealer." TW1TCH Authors Note: Addiction is one powerful battle. that being said, not everyone will become addicts because of pain pills. Some do not have a choice when taking them. Everyone is different, and struggle with different things in life. Whatever it is you can get to the other side of it. If you're struggling please don't be ashamed or afraid to reach out. We are not perfect; we are human. And it is more than okay to ask for help if you are in need of it. Founder, Jessica  Buffalo Native Stephen Fogarty, A.K.A TW1TCH, Recovering Opioid addict. L8 Productions/ The indie Visuals/ Hip-hop artist with a message that you can come out of the other side of addiction. Traveling across the country to you get the message of recovery out. He has performed at Buffalo at Music Of Art. Twitch recently celebrated 3 years of sobriety, and for him, making music reminds him that people are listening and that he is not alone in his journey