Skip to main content

Welcome!

My name is Jessica, I am 34 years old. I am An inspiring poet and writer. My two passions in life have always been the creative arts and people, I also consider myself to be an advocate for people with disabilities, both visible and invisible. Being wheelchair bound by Spastic Cerebral Palsy since the age of four. I grew up in the special education system, and once I turned 18 years old and began to move into the "real world" the shift in services that the state provides to you as a child v.s. the services you have to choose from going into adulthood is very wide; too wide in my opinion. Which brings me to why I wanted to start this blog. While I respect all the information, and resources that is readily available for children with disabilities, the little to no services to help them transition into adulthood once they reach the legal age of 18 is extremely frustrating. It is my hope that with this blog, I can reach out to people in both the visible and invisible disabled community, and be an ally to them. It is also hope that as this blog grows; we grow to help one another. And to help the world to understand just how important it is to not only be recognized as part of society, but to be seen as equals. I hope that when you come to my blog that you find it to be a safe, and welcoming place to share and be heard. Take care! - Jessica

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 1: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Don’t be surprised if you hear, “I have that too."

    Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Is a very common, and miss diagnosed condition, among women between the ages of 20-40.  And can cause infertility with polycystic ovaries. The statics vary as to how many women have PCOS because the criteria for the condition is always changing. But here is what I found under The National Institutes Of Health. One in every 10-15 women gets diagnosed with PCOS. I also heard that about 50% of women do not know they have PCOS. Via, pcosdiva.com I also found on the site, rightdiagnoisis.com that about 50% of women are insulin resistant. The typical age bracket for being insulin resistant is about 20-40 years of age.  And about only 30% have symptoms of PCOS. PCOS is a syndrome that not only affects fertility but can affect metabolism, insulin levels, high blood pressure and much more. t is a syndrome that not only affects fertility but can affect metabolism, insulin levels, high blood pressure and much more. How to diagnose? You...

My Review On HoneyColony's New TopIcal Hemp Oil For Chronic Pain

The Abler Blog’s Product Review On Morpho A Liposomal CBD LINIMENT Morpho - Topical CBD Photo was taken by Jessica Niziolek  I recently tried Morpho, a new CBD topical liniment meant to  relieve joint, muscle, and chronic pain. Morpho is a brand new product for the HoneyColony platform. For those that have not heard of Simply Transformative or their products, they are firm believers in healing the mind, body, and spirit by using natural remedies rather than the Pharmaceutical route. Which is a sister site to Simply Transformative simply transformative.com. Being someone who has constant pain due to my Spastic Hemiplegia Cerebral Palsy, and trying to find something that would help with my daily pain and discomfort, has been an added challenge. So. When the opportunity came for me to review this product, I did not hesitate. This product has truly been a life-saver. From the moment I began using this product my feet and leg cramping, spasms, and nerve pai...

PCOS Part 2, Interview with Meredith Marx: Her Journey with PCOS and IVF

Meredith Marx. is a traffic reporter for the radio station,1007, The Bay, Baltimore/DC/VA area traffic reporter since March 2000. Fox 45 morning news on camera for 2 years. Stations include: 100.7, 105.7, 106.5, 101.9, 102.7, 104.3, DC101, WASHFM, 100.3, Hot 99-5, WCBM, WWLG, WNST, Channel 11, Channel 2, Channel 13 and many more.  She has been open about her personal journey with PCOS, IVF (In vitro fertilization.)  You can find Meredith on twitter and Facebook. For More information on what IVF is, what the steps of IFV are, and what the possible cost of IVF is please follow these links.  http://americanpregnancy.org/infertility/in-vitro-fertilization/   http://attainfertility.com/article/get-pregnant   http://www.advancedfertility.com/ivf-cost.htm   I would like to personally Thank Meredith for agreeing to talk about such a personal topic and for being so honest and open with her story. I hope this interview helps any woman in need of some h...